Friday, October 2, 2009

Altered Beats - A Noise Making Monster



I circuit bended an old Alesis HR 16 drum machine to make an entirely new instrument, "Altered Beats", named after the Sega game "Altered Beast." As you can see I did more than just change the inside, I transformed the exterior as well.


 Patch Bay (on the right) and the Patch Bay Combiner (on the left)
This is where all the magic happens and changes it into "Altered Beats"


Here is a demo video of "Altered Beats" so you can get an idea of how it works and what it can do. This is just a small sampling of the different songs it can make-



This instrument will be used in my new band, with Ben Sinclair and Jesse Elias "What Have the Unborn Done for Us?" Look out for us!

Circuit Bending is something that anyone can do! Click here to learn more about circuit bending and how to do it.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Oh man this thing is so sweet! I love that first effect that makes everything super boomy.

Also, that game was awesome! The boomy tom sounds remind me of the cheesy flashing animation when you turned into a beast!

-Tyler